The long-awaited launch of Overwatch finally rolled out earlier this week to the overwhelming joy of many and was quite possibly the smoothest launch we’ve ever seen. Amazing, right? Indeed. Wanna see who’s playing? Check out Verity’s Overwatch Roll Call.
If you’ve spent any length of time playing Overwatch then you’re probably completely addicted by now. If you’ve heard it’s a first-person shooter and promptly turned up your nose while dismissing it out of hand then please, hang on just a sec…
Some of the reasons why we love Overwatch:
- You don’t have to be a fan of twitch FPS to enjoy and be good at Overwatch. Sure, there are heroes that require pinpoint accuracy, but there are plenty of others that do not. With 4 different roles to choose from (offense, defense, tank and support) there’s a hero flavor for everyone.
- The characters are stunning and unique from aesthetics to abilities.
- The maps are vibrant, detailed and immersive.
- There’s nothing quite like pulling out a nail-biter to get the adrenaline flowing.
- You can hop in for a quick game even if you don’t have a lot of time.
- There’s no subscription fee.
When you combine the above reasons with playing and strategizing together with a group of Verity peeps in Mumble, it adds up to a lot of whoo-hooing, cursing and most of all, fun!
The 4 Hero Roles
The Overwatch characters are broken down into 4 different roles. Here’s a brief overview:
Tank: Tanks have the most hitpoints and protect their teammates while leading the charge. Keep the rest of us safe with your space monkey bubble, giant windshield and freakishly large hammer, your dual-cannon mech or sink your meat hook into enemies and pull ‘em close before shredding them.
Wanna Know More?
Be sure to check out the official Overwatch website for more information. Also, if you’re curious what other Verity members think (some have played since closed beta – thanks Strahn!) jump in Mumble some evening and chat with us. We’re happy to talk your ear off and if you decide to join us we’ll guide you along!