How To Test Your DPS: ReLOADED Version!

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ronfar Ronfar 1 year, 8 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Ronfar
    Ronfar

First off, I realize this post may seem a bit like deja-vu to some of you~.

DPS is crucial in elder game content in Wildstar. Far moreso than in other MMOs, being able to bring a lot of damage turns content that would otherwise be incredibly difficult and makes it very much manageable.

As such, it is imperative that everyone who intends to DPS (and just about everyone should have a competent DPS spec) puts in the work if they are wanting to participate in veteran dungeons and (hopefully, in time) raid content. For the record, I’m of the opinion that such content in Wildstar is the best of any MMO to date, and the strongest point of the game. The work is worth it!

Anyway, the first step learning how to DPS effectively is practicing an optimal “default” DPS rotation on a training dummy. However, the training dummy setup now contains many different configurable options, so let me break down how to set things up for a couple scenarios we’ll find ourselves in soon or are shooting towards. You can find a Training Grounds to use in my housing plot – add me as a neighbor if you haven’t. To adjust dummy parameters, you’ll want to right click the “Workbench” in front of the dummy. For the purposes of this post, all numbers will assume single target DPS against the single dummy. You’ll want to parse for at minimum of about two minutes to iron out a little bit of variance and make sure you are getting a good picture of your sustained DPS. Don’t forget to use your gadget!

Scenario: Veteran Dungeons Unbuffed

Adjust dummy to “Veteran Dungeon Dummy”.
    Do not activate “Raid Buffs” or “Raid Debuffs”.

This will measure your unbuffed DPS against a veteran dungeon level boss. Your numbers will be lower than in practice because in an actual group, you’ll have several additional buffs/debuffs – though not nearly as many as in a full raid. You probably won’t be thrilled with this number. Being able to pull 3k under these circumstances could be considered a bare minimum to shoot for heading into veteran dungeons.

Unbuffed Vet Dungeon DPS

Scenario: Genetic Archives

Adjust dummy to “Genetic Archives Dummy”.
    Activate “Raid Buffs” and “Raid Debuffs”.

This is the target we should be shooting towards for breaking into Genetic Archives. If you have low strikethrough, you’ll start to see a lot of deflects here. However, the addition of raid buffs/debuffs should up your damage considerably.

GA DPS

I look forward to seeing you folks in Wildstar Elder content!

Profile photo of Eriana
    Eriana

Reply – so it shows up on the upper menu :)

Profile photo of Venge
    Venge

nice, thanks Ron, when I was at your house the other day I think my war was around 2.6k without changing anything and plus it was not for 2 ful minutes so I will try again soon with the changes you mentioned and will report back.

Thanks!

Profile photo of Venge
    Venge

update – well now that I am messing with my medic I finally got all of his runes in his f2p token gear and have a decent rotation down. I am averaging about 4.8k average (2 min run) on vet dungeon dummy so that much better than I was doing before and better than on my warrior.

whee ~

Profile photo of Ronfar
    Ronfar

Nice Venge!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.