New EQ Progression Server coming in June

This topic contains 59 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ronfar Ronfar 2 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Venge
    Venge

Well, Nettle and I spent a lot of time in PoHate yesterday (about 8 AM – 7 PM) and we ended up getting a few more pieces. We actually gave away almost an entire enchanter set (including robe and halo since nettle had them already)! I picked up a bracer and legs for my bard so now all I need is the breastplate.

That being said, if anyone is online and they see that a Bard BP is rotting or for sale, please let me know ASAP! Best way is probably through IRC during the day. That way Nettle can log me in and go get it. Doesn’t matter if they are selling it, let me know and I will buy it :)

Sere you guys soon ~

PS – learning where most of those spawns are now and even pulled a few from back in Inny’s room so I am getting better and pulling….

Profile photo of Ronfar
    Ronfar

Wow, major balance patch that is heavily geared towards progression servers:

Melee class damage buffs (~10% at level 40, ~20% at level 50).
    Necro/Mage pet nerfs. (they don’t tank as well period, and do less damage/get hit harder as more pets are used vs raid bosses)
    Recently buffed raid bosses (that were hitting harder than AoW, etc.) no longer hit as hard.
    Plane of Sky bosses got nerfed in general. Maybe we can handle island 1 boss with our ~12? Hard to say.
    /q nerfed after like 15 years. Yikes!

As much as my mage pet being a worse tank and not being able to /q to victory hurts, these changes are all things that needed to happen (yeah, they needed to happen 2 months ago, but better late than never). Should make for a more interesting Kunark.

Profile photo of Ronfar
    Ronfar

Just throwing this out there for Nettle and Venge – I’m currently back on the EQ train for a month or two. I busted out a few of my Kronos to pay for my sub as otherwise running three accounts is a bit much!

Ragefire recently had a vote whether to do 3 or 6 months of Kunark, and 6 months won making a lot of raiders upset. As a result, the server population has died down a bit, but there are still a lot of more casual folks playing.

My Shaman and Mage are level 53 currently, with my Druid at 50. Levelling is SLOW, but it’s kind of nice to be honest. I’ve spent most of my time in Sebiliis, with one trip to Karnor’s Castle and Chardok each respectively. All three zones are a lot tougher to handle with a threesome than Guk and SolB were. Enchanters/Bards are in very high demand!

Fortunately, Sebilis seems to love me almost as much as I love it in terms of coughing up very rare and equally valuable loot. I also spoke to a gentleman who sells the loot rights to the only really difficult part of the Shaman Epic for WAY less than I was expecting, hopefully he hooks me up soon and I’ll get started on that. I’ve also managed to pick up just about all the Shaman/Mage/Druid spells up to 60 that I want (except Torpor, work in progress on that) for very reasonable prices. Bottom line, a lot of the stuff I expected to be very expensive is actually extremely affordable.

Anyway, if you guys are looking for some MMORPG action this is a good time to get to 60 in preparation for Scars of Velious! I know I’ll likely play some in every expansion up to and including Luclin for sure, and probably Planes of Power as well.

Profile photo of Ronfar
    Ronfar

As to your question about the difficulty of certain Epics the other day Nettle, I did a little research as I was curious as to what the consensus was. It more or less looks something like this:

Very Difficult Tier
    ————————-
    Necro, Wizard, SK

Difficult Tier
    ————————-
    Mage, Bard, Warrior, Druid, Ranger, Warrior

Easy Tier
    ————————-
    Enchanter, Paladin, Cleric

Very Easy Tier
    ————————–
    Monk, Shaman, Rogue

“Easy” is of course a relative term, as anyone with Everquest experience will realize!

Profile photo of Ronfar
    Ronfar

Since you asked for a screenshot to see his teeth:

Profile photo of Venge
    Venge

Where are your chat windows Ron? Do you just have them turned off for the screenie?

and yea, trak is scary lol!

Profile photo of Ronfar
    Ronfar

I cut the bottom portion of the screen (as well as my second monitor) out of the screen capture~

Also, all signs point to 17 days of bonus xp (likely 70% bonus) starting on March 16th for EQ’s 17th birthday celebration. Good time for people to come back and catch up for Velious!

Profile photo of Ronfar
    Ronfar

Well, after waiting an hour twiddling my thumbs with 60 other people in North Karana (and presumably another 200+ in SRo) because Daybreak doesn’t understand Daylight Savings Time, I was second to reach Lodizal. Very disappointing. Could have definitely taken him.

On the plus side, I went to plan B and got the server first kill of Fellspine in Siren’s Grotto, and he dropped the best case scenario: Spined Seahorse Hide Belt. Pretty damn uber!

I followed that up with a trip to Western Wastes. The zone was much less of a chaotic deathtrap than I remember! While I found a handful of dragons, they were sparse enough to prove my memory wrong. It was actually a quite beautifully tranquil zone in appearance. I eventually broke down and decided it was time to kill one of them, despite the faction hit (which was worse than I was expecting, doh!)

Vraptin

Poor Vraptin was sitting on his/her nest (it has eggs!) minding their own business…

Vraptin dropped two Velious spells, Bard Malo and Cleric Stun Command, as well as his Talisman which while one of the weaker ones was still a huge upgrade.

Profile photo of Venge
    Venge

pretty awesome man, I am jealous!!!

Unless someone finds something better, here is a good start anyways for Velious spells:

http://www.eq-manager.com/combine.htm

Profile photo of Ronfar
    Ronfar

Spotted a few errors in that table.

Unfortunately, Daybreak has made some as well and forgot to add the vendor(s) which sell Nature’s Touch and Chloroblast for Druids/Shamans, which is a major oversight. Hopefully will be hotfixed in.

Profile photo of Ronfar
    Ronfar

Server fourth!!!!

Lodi!

Fight lasted over an hour. Boss regen is out of control (seems to be a known issue, raids of 80 people can’t get NToV bosses below 100%).

Profile photo of Venge
    Venge

LOL, holy cow, 1 hour!!!!???

nice job taking down the turtle ~~

too bad on the lootz ><

Profile photo of Ronfar
    Ronfar

Can’t complain too much. Still got Death Peace for Mogjan, Arch Lich which sold for 1krono, the pretty damn awesome shield, two treasure map pieces for Mog and Twisty (finishing this quest is going to take forever, ugh!), and the two relatively junk items that’ll sell for a little plat.

Profile photo of Ronfar
    Ronfar

Since I know you love spreadsheets, here’s one listing some stuff we could potentially try to kill:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1yIweUeICD7Mxrumng4V6wc2DgUgmhezW94nn7ET7PaI/edit#gid=0

A few of the things are probably too ambitious, and may have to wait ’till we’ve got a crapton of AAs in Luclin. But if we play near perfectly, we might be able to surprise ourselves. Hopefully there’s a few I’ve missed and we can continue to add stuff.

Profile photo of Ronfar
    Ronfar

Screenshot of my crew during Velious, to gaze at lovingly a decade from now:
    Ronfar's Crew during Velious

6/6 epics~

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 60 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.