Some Tips from Legion Beta

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of Ronfar Ronfar 1 year, 2 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Profile photo of Raztog
    Raztog

Found a thread on Reddit with some great tips.

Enjoy,

Raz…

Some tips from what I learned playing Legion Beta

Hey all, I’ve gotten to a pretty good point in the Legion Beta and I figured I would share some of the things that I learned.

Leveling
    * Get a few stacks of Goblin Gliders or your preferred similar tool – they will help a LOT!
    * Leveling as a different spec from what you plan to main is just fine – you’ll hardly set your main spec behind at all
    * You’ll hit 110 before you gain much Artifact power anyways, see the Artifact power allocation section below
    * Just make sure to get some Artifact Relics for your main spec as well
    * Your Order Hall followers will have some WoD-style Bodyguard functions. As an example, one of the Warlock ones is a 3min cd which stuns an enemy mob and increases damage they take by 15% for 15 seconds. You can get these abilities through the ‘Combat Ally’ space in your follower management window
    * The ‘Bonus’ areas on the map similar to WoD will disappear when you hit 110 – no need for completionism here
    * Completing all the zones doesn’t get you much – but getting Friendly with each faction unlocks World Quests, which are key. So if you’re close to 110 and haven’t started a zone, go work on that.
    * Leveling is a very small part of overall progression – so keep that in mind when making choices such as Order Hall Advancement tier 1.
    * Tier 1 is a selection – higher chance for quest upgrades or +20% mission success chance for the first mission of each day.

Artifact Power
    * Artifact Knowledge work orders unlock in your Class Hall when you hit 110 – start them ASAP.
    * Each work order takes 2 days and grants you 25% additional Artifact Power, stacking.
    * Artifact Power doesn’t really ‘tie’ you to a spec for a while. The 14th Artifact point costs as much as the first 13 put together and goes up from there. So you are safe to take off-specs to level 13.

Artifact Relics
    * Relics are fairly rare – mostly found from quests. So they are valuable.
    * When turning in a quest that rewards a Relic, you can change specs to change which Relics are rewarded to match that other spec. This way you can keep offspecs from falling too far behind.
    * When you complete your Class Hall questline (which will be sooner than you think), you’ll unlock the 3rd relic slot in your weapon. Try to have a spare Relic available to fill that for each weapon. Luckily that quest also rewards a Relic.

Fresh 110 Progression
    * World quests are the way here. Focus on the ones rewarding gear.
    * Normal dungeons won’t help at all. They’re for leveling. If you aren’t at heroic ilvl (810) and don’t have any more useful World Quests, then focus on your Order Hall and Suramar questlines.
    * Those questlines probably take priority over random Heroics as well.
    * Make sure to do the Emissary quests. They give good reputation and Order Resources.
    * Emissary quests are dailies that have you do 4 World Quests fitting a certain category. They stack up to 3 days so you don’t have to log in as often.
    * You can spend 6500 Order resources to upgrade an Order set piece from 810 to 840. I’d recommend not doing that – Order resources can be a pain to farm if you spend it so freely, and Heroic and Mythic dungeons will quickly gear you past it anyways.
    * Nightfallen (Suraram) reputation is important – see next section

Suramar
    * Questlines in Suramar become available at certain points of Nightfallen reputation. There will be points where you have no quests in Suaramar until you gain rep.
    * Gaining rep can be done by doing World Quests in Suramar. Especially the Withered Army Training scenario can get you a lot – but you need to perform well (better gear helps)
    * Definitely make sure to finish the Emissary quest if it is for Suramar – it’s the best reputation reward.

Professions
    * I’m doing Herbalism/Alchemy, can’t really speak for the other ones.
    * Mostly I can say – it’s worth it to gather nodes while leveling, and to do the node-gathering quests that you get from Dalaran.
    * But for the crafting that you won’t use until level 110, don’t go far out of your way for those quests.
    I hope this has been useful. Feel free to ask any other questions, or provide input on the above if you’re also in the beta.

Profile photo of Ronfar
    Ronfar

My own two cents:

Top priority when you hit 110 should be to make sure you always have artifact knowledge work orders rolling. The levels currently in beta break down as below:

Artifact Knowledge level 0: 0%
    Artifact Knowledge level 1: 25%
    Artifact Knowledge level 2: 50%
    Artifact Knowledge level 3: 90%
    Artifact Knowledge level 4: 140%
    Artifact Knowledge level 5: 200%
    Artifact Knowledge level 6: 275%
    Artifact Knowledge level 7: 375%
    Artifact Knowledge level 8: 500%
    Artifact Knowledge level 9: 650%
    Artifact Knowledge level 10: 850%
    Artifact Knowledge level 11: 1100%
    Artifact Knowledge level 12: 1400%
    Artifact Knowledge level 13: 1775%
    Artifact Knowledge level 14: 2250%
    Artifact Knowledge level 15: 2850%
    Artifact Knowledge level 16: 3600%
    Artifact Knowledge level 17: 4550%
    Artifact Knowledge level 18: 5700%
    Artifact Knowledge level 19: 7200%
    Artifact Knowledge level 20: 9000%
    Artifact Knowledge level 21: 11300%
    Artifact Knowledge level 22: 14200%
    Artifact Knowledge level 23: 17800%
    Artifact Knowledge level 24: 22300%
    Artifact Knowledge level 25: 24900%

Keep in mind that artifact knowledge is per character – so for those that care about their alts, it would be wise to collect just enough order hall resources on your alts to keep raising their artifact knowledge. Then when you get around to playing them, they’ll have a really easy time fleshing out their artifact(s).

Profile photo of nevercast
    nevercast

Man out of context I don’t know what half of this means.

I guess biggest thing I’m taking from this is to NOT farm dungeons at 110 and to really focus on world/Suramar quests.

Any input on the mythic+ dungeons? I’m going to guess they aren’t feasible until you’re at least able to be viable in regular mythic. But they’ve GOT to be worth farming for gear yeah? From what I’ve seen/read it may even be worth some loose scheduling for mythic+ group nights as the gear can be => than raid gear. In any case I’m very very interested in them.

Thanks for the info guys! Really excited or Legion content.

Profile photo of Byrdie
    Byrdie

This is great info, thanks Raz and Ronfar! I found another google doc that seems to have some really helpful info as well: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TiiI4huz4NXKfx7PGvvVTyP6xu8VaDNZ4-FEn69mOhc/pubhtml#

Looking forward to launch day!

Profile photo of Ronfar
    Ronfar

That spreadsheet has a lot of good info, thanks Byrdie!

As for Mythic+ dungeons Never, we’ll absolutely be grinding them out on non-raid nights. In fact, it’s actually pretty likely that some of our highest iLvl loot in the guild will be from Mythic+. That stuff should then hopefully provide us an edge in heroic level raids.

Profile photo of elijahwood
    elijahwood

As for Mythic+ dungeons Never, we’ll absolutely be grinding them out on non-raid nights

This is a very exciting prospect! 2 days/ week for progression raiding and another 2 days/ week for Mythic+? Would it be possible to use a progression system in Mythic+? Are the lockouts on a ‘per boss’ basis?

Profile photo of Ronfar
    Ronfar

Mythic dungeons have a loot lockout much like they currently do in WoD.

Mythic+ dungeon bosses do not drop loot, you get a chest at the end of a dungeon. You also receive an even better piece of loot from your order hall cache based on the highest level Mythic+ you completed the previous week. Mythic+ dungeons do not have lockouts, you can run as many as you have keystones for.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.